I’m working on a product I call a QA Site.
My aim is to significantly reduce the ramp up time needed for development teams by providing tools and support in the areas of test automation, environment setup, and continuous integration.
A typical QA Site installation may include tools such as the following:
- version control – Git, Subversion, CVS
- defect tracking – Bugzilla, Mantis, Trac, Redmine, Jira
- task management – ProjectPier, dotProject, [Taskboard]
- document management – Alfresco, KnowledgeTree, Sharepoint
- wiki – Twiki, XWiki, Confluence
- unit testing – Junit, TestNG, SimpleTest, RSpec
- build automation – Make, Ant, Maven, Phing, Rake
- continuous integration – CruiseControl, Hudson, Luntbuild
- static analysis & code coverage – Findbugs, Cobertura, RATS
- deployment automation – Capistrano, custom scripts
- automated testing – Selenium, Watir, HTMLUnit, TestMaker
- test case management – Fitnesse, STIQ, Testopia, QATraq, [Custom]
It may also include one or more additional servers to provide test deployment environments.
If you’re interested, send me a note, or call me at 425-242-4304.